For quick solution while processing text I will prefer using some basic Linux text processing command. I thought to list them and share.
I will write the command with online description.
- grep: print lines matching a pattern
- cat: concatenate files and print on the standard output
- echo: display a line of text
- sed: stream editor for filtering and transforming text
- awk: pattern scanning and processing language
- paste: merge lines of files
- rev: reverse lines of a file or files
- cut: remove sections from each line of files
- head: output the first part of files
- tail: output the last part of files
- printf: format and print data
I hope these commands will help you to process text.