Recently after rebooting ganglia server and while accessing ganglia-webfrontend I got following error.
There was an error collecting ganglia data (127.0.0.1:8652): fsockopen error: Connection refused.
Until reboot ganglia is working without any issue.
While debugging this issue the reason I got to know is there some problem with ownership permissions to /var/lib/ganglia/rrds.
There are wrong owner and group is set for directory /var/lib/ganglia/rrds.
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds directory following user and group permissions are needed:
Use following command to set above permissions
$ chown -R nobody:root /var/lib/ganglia/rrds
After updating the permissions I am able to access ganglia-webfrontend without any issue.